A Weblog Dedicated to the Discussion of the Christian Faith and 21st Century Life

A Weblog Dedicated to the Discussion of the Christian Faith and 21st Century Life
I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand. For this also I believe, –that unless I believed, I should not understand.-- St. Anselm of Canterbury (1033-1109)

Monday, November 02, 2020

Election Day Levity

A little humor to lighten this Day. Enjoy the following quotes.
"Asking an incumbent member of Congress to vote for term limits is a bit like asking a chicken to vote for Colonel Sanders."-- Bob Inglis

"My choice early in life was between whether to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."-- Harry S. Truman

"If his IQ slips any lower, we'll have to water him twice a day."-- Molly Ivins, on a Texas politician

"He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career."-- George Bernard Shaw

"Take a good look at me, because you'll never recognize me once my opponent gets done with me."-- Leonard Boswell, Iowa congressman

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you too may one day be president of the United States."-- George W. Bush

"Since a politician never believes what he says, he is quite surprised to be taken at his word."-- Charles de Gaulle

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."-- Mark Twain

"Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks."-- Doug Larson

"Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke."--Will Rogers

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."-- Groucho Marx

"I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."-- Will Rogers

"98 percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working Americans. It’s the other lousy 2 percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them."-- Lily Tomlin

"Running for president is like sticking your face in the blade of a fan."-- Mike Huckabee

"It is fast approaching the point where I don't want to elect anyone stupid enough to want the job."--Erma Bombeck

"Politics is not the art of the possible. It's the art of choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable."-- John Kenneth Galbraith

"All of the problems we face today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indians."-- Pat Paulsen

No comments: