1. A human jawbone becomes the earliest evidence for humans outside Africa.
2. "Graffiti stone" found to be part of a Crusader-era altar.
3. A truck drove through Peru's ancient Nazca Lines-- and researchers found 50 more of them.
4. A lost interview with a survivor of the last U.S. slave ship surfaced.
5. Archaeologists found the oldest known examples of some of our favorite foods.
6. An eight-year-old girl pulled a 1,000-year-old sword out of a lake in Sweden.
7. A deadly earthquake in Mexico led to the discovery of an ancient Aztec temple.
8. We got a lot more information about our ancient ancestors' sex lives.
9. Lasers revealed 60,000 previously undetected ancient Maya structures in Guatemala.
10. Archaeologists found a horse and a gorgeous shrine frozen in the ashes of Pompeii.
11. The world’s oldest intact shipwreck was located at the bottom of the Black Sea.
12. Newly unearthed 4,500-year-old ramp system may shed light on how the pyramids were built.
13. An extremely rare early picture of Jesus Christ surfaced on the wall of an ancient Israeli church.
14. The lost Trojan city of Tenea was found in Greece.
15. Illuminating new facts revealed about mummies from Ancient Egypt to the Americas
The details of each can be read here.