Five predictions from Kevin Watson. I pray that this is indeed the future of Methodism in the United States.
1. American Methodism will experience a paradigm shift as the desire to pursue cultural respectability becomes obsolete.
2. American Methodism will recognize that the Holy Spirit has already given the people called Methodists a theology that is ideally suited for a post-Christian context.
3. American Methodism will recognize that the Holy Spirit has already given the people called Methodists a practice that is ideally suited for such a time as this.
4. As American Methodism passionately preaches entire sanctification and makes an uncompromising commitment to social holiness, it will find God's deepest blessings through being in ministry with all of God's children, especially those who seem beyond hope from a worldly perspective.
5. The boundaries of American Methodism will be blurred by close connection and cooperation with global Methodism.
The details of each can be read here.
Post a Comment