from Jim Martin:
Recently, I was with a number of ministers from across the country. Many of them were fairly young. I would guess that most of these young ministers are conscientious people who want to do the right thing for their church.
I have preached for over three decades. I know many preachers. Most of them are good people. The following are some realities of ministry that may not fit every single minister, but it is certainly characteristic of so many of us.
1. Your preacher may not tell you about how difficult this task really is.
2. Your preacher may not tell you how hurtful and frustrating some remarks really are.
3. Your preacher may not tell you how difficult it is to preach week after week.
4. Your preacher may not tell you that he is right in the middle of life right along with you.
5. Your preacher may not tell you that he is a person who probably needs encouragement.
Jim fills in the details here.