Wise words from Carey Nieuwhof:
If the church is going to reverse some trends and maximize potential, we need more entrepreneurial pastors, not more shepherds.
There's too much at stake to ignore this conversation.
1. The willingness to risk-- The early church took incredible risks. People risked their health, safety, financial security and their very lives for the sake of the Gospel.
2. Experimentation-- Have you ever asked yourself what it would have been like to be in the New Testament church?
3. A restless discontent with the status quo-- Entrepreneurs and apostles are never satisfied. While it can be frustrating to work with someone who is never satisfied, it’s an essential gift in birthing what's new and expanding a current mission.
4. Boldness-- If you search the New Testament, you’ll see boldness as a hallmark of early church leaders.
5. A bias for action- We have plenty of thinkers in the church and not nearly enough doers.
The entire post can be read here.