eleven post-mortem lessons from a dead church. Thom has now suggested six radical steps a congregation must take to bring the dying patient back to life.
1. A leader must rise and be willing to lead the church toward radical transformation regardless of the personal costs to him (or her).
2. A significant group in the church must admit that they are desperate for help.
3. That same group must confess guilt.
4. The group must have an utter, desperate, and prayerful dependence on God.
5. The church must be willing to storm the community with love.
6. The church must relinquish control.
Thom fills in the details here.
A Weblog Dedicated to the Discussion of the Christian Faith and 21st Century Life
I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand. For this also I believe, –that unless I believed, I should not understand.-- St. Anselm of Canterbury (1033-1109)